Mastering Global Literacy
Series Editor by Heidi Hayes Jacobs
School must prepare 21st century students to complete in a global society- a world in which cultures, economies, and people are continuously connected. It is the job of the educator to make sure students are equipped to meet this challenge. In the Contemporary Perspectives on Literacy series, editor Heidi Hayes Jacobs and a team of authors from around the globe explore the three new literacies- global literacy, media literacy, and digital literacy.
Mastering Global Literacy explores how educator can cultivate globally literate learners while becoming globally connected themselves. The authors examine ways to bring global issues into the classroom and personalize them using digital tools. They also offer strategies for implementing global-awareness studies in the traditional school curriculum, as well creating new types of 21st century learning environments.
Using this book, K-12 educators will learn how to:
- Understand how our rapidly changing world calls for the integration of global awareness in the classroom
- Gain strategies and recommendations for making global issues relevant to students
- Integrate 21st century skills into the traditional classroom curriculum
- Cultivate global citizens able to understand and thrive in contemporary society
- Use global competence to stimulate student interest in learning, college, and careers